CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Go get that connection


Over the last couple months I've come to realize that starting a business is more than just hard work, it also has to do with the people you socialize and network with. Two weeks ago I attended an event for women through Webgrrls. Here I made a few contacts and listened to some amazing stories people went through to launch their own business. I had plenty of business cards in hand and made a point to talk to as many women as I could (one time I actually ran out of business cards-how embarrassing). Here met a woman who is interested in meeting with me to go over the marketing plan for www.lookwhatididtoday.com and through a connection I made I have a second web developer who I'm interested in contacting.

The other day I received an e-mail from the leader of the Seattle chapter who linked an article about the event and photos. As I was scrolling down, I spotted myself laughing in background in one of the pictures. I was also quoted "This meeting gave me a chance to connect with many fabulous women who are all eager to help and lend their knowledge". - Celia A. Moody Dental Assistant and Entrepreneur

Very cool!

0 comments: